for all You've done

Sunday, July 09, 2006

5 tann-er girls



I HAD A MORE-THAN-FABULOUS DAY TODAY :D

Praise God!

And thank you Von, Yi, Zhi and Huijia! I really enjoyed the fellowship and company!
Loves.

Met Yi early at 2.15, got a ride to Redhill train station with the folks hehe .. Spared us from walking under the scorching sun. Took a train down to Kallang, and met Huijia at the train station! Which was umm, a surprise, coz we initially thought all of them would be late anyway lol. But she was only 1 of 3 who was on time! Proceeded to Macas to grab some food before following the crowd to the National Stadium :)

Met Von and Matthew who'd cabbed there, then Ken who had to pass me one more ticket. Queued to make our way in, was given a plastic bag which contained a bottle of water, the un-inflated clapper things, some security band thingum, and a flag! Only my flag didn't have a flag. Um, I had the flagpole (flagstick?) without the FLAG itself :(

So the girls told me to go get another one. The army boys (men?!) happily gave me like 5 more flags. "ALL FOR YOU!" Maybe coz I looked so sad and despondant I didn't have a flag hehehe ...

Got some decent seats, and sweltered like pigs under the scorching sun for the next hour and half or so. The wait before the parade actually started was rather lengthy, and I think the girls sitting behind us, and the middle-aged couple couldn't take sitting in the sun for ages- so they left. Before the show started! Pity aye.

Went back out shortly with Von to get Zhi. Was a massive queue back in, although it was already way past the time we were supposed to be seated by. Typically Singaporean, where wedding dinners only start at 9 when the wedding invite states for you to be seated by 7. And where National Day Parade starts at 6/6.30 when you're meant to be seated by 4.45. By and by everyone just comes 1-2 hours late to minimise waiting time on their part, not have to sit in the sun for like- ever, and be on time for the performance/dinner/what-have-you. Hrm.

Waiting time is bonding time! :D

Soon the whole stadium was a sea of red and white :) It's nice seeing people making an effort and being enthusiastic about this event, although it isn't the actual parade, or even the Preview itself. Yi and I had pink tops on, whist Von and Zhi were decked in black. And poor Huijia whining the afternoon away, about being silly to be wearing jeans. "SO HOTTTTTT!"

A while later, the sky was slightly overcast, and we felt raindrops every now and then. But GOD IS GOOD. The sky cleared soon after :) Praise God!

The Parade wasn't spectecular or anything. This being its first full dress rehearsal, there were obviously technical glitches, and funny performers making funny mistakes that were so evident from an spectator's view.

Nothing extremely special, no WOW factor or anything. As per every year however, the Redlions and the fighter jets were the attraction! And they never fail to impress the crowd.

Also, after 4 years, I finally sang the National Anthem and said the Pledge again today.
*beams*

Being there and watching the Combined-Schools Choir made me really miss being in NDP, and being part of the Combined-Schools Choir, as tiring as the weekly rehearsals got. Crazy 10am-10pm rehearsals under the sun, a shade darker and dehydrated as each week went by.The year I was part of the NDP, it was really interactive too, with the Fun Dance and all. Aye ...

Having said that, it doesn't take a WOW event to make my day. For Cheryl really, it's always the company :) I thorougly, I say that again and again, enjoy the girls' company :)

HUH rocks.

Zhi (on the line with Joel): EHHhhh you looked really smart just now, leh!
Joel: REALLY you managed to see me?!
Zhi: YAH. Everybody just looked the same lor.

LOL.

Made our way to town for a drink before most had to head home. Walked Von to Cuppage Plaza to meet her sista before I trooped home myself. I finally know where Cuppage is! We were both clueless but I couldn't possibly leave her looking for a building alone at night soooo!

Joel, Yi, Von and I are going a-running tomorrow morning at BGardens! Then bfast! Then shower and church! Can't wait already!

I know it's cliched to take pictures of fireworks, but I couldn't help snapping along, especially since they were true to their words, and when they spoke of not having "high level fireworks", THEY MEANT IT. We got little bouts of fireworks here and there. Aaaannnndd, because I was using the cam on my cellphone, it does that laggy thing that captures, then saves what it captures (for the 2nd time) at THAT specific second. Which means to say, whenever a picture is taken, the cam has to be in that same position, smiles frozen- for a few moments- before the same image is saved, if you got what I meant.

Which also means that, since I couldn't possibly make the fireworks STAY the way they were, my reflexes were slow and I caught mostly the SMOKE LEFT AFTER THE FIREWORKS HAD EXPLODED IN THE SKY. Yes funny I know.




I've got real pretty pictures nonetheless! (Courtesy of Zhi!)

Spot Joel!


Really I wonder why I always have to stand in between tall people.
Or umm, maybe the ground was just uneven.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home