for all You've done

Sunday, July 02, 2006

of egg-tarts

Tonight, instead of joining the rest of the cell at Huiyi's for the England v Portugal game, I caught it with the father&son duo in the lounge instead.

It wasn't quite as exciting, really, and we spent a good bit of the game snorting at the commentator's ridiculously irrelevant (and sometimes uncalled for) comments and random sudden outbursts. Hilarious whilst they lasted.

I suddenly miss Lambton Quay.

And this has been at the back of my mind for sometime now, so tonight was apt as I pop-quized Matthew :D

"Would Portuguese egg-tarts have anything to do with Portugal?!"
I got the biggest look of bewilderment in return.

For the record, yes I think so.

Wikipedia also generously shared a picture of a tray of burnt Portuguese egg-tarts, with showers of blessing (read: water) upon them, before the entire tray of tarts actually torches up.

Ok wait, sorry I re-read the para again and my bad- it isn't water to put out fire from the burnt tarts, instead, the tray of tarts "requires a finishing touch of topping with a layer of syrup or granulated sugar, then baking in the oven to caramelize the sugar".

Seriously, of all pictures to use for illustration purposes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home