for all You've done

Thursday, July 13, 2006

big/small risks

On top of Public Law already being boring as it is, I was super tired today too. So I fell asleep in Mr. Supra's lecture today without intending to. Yes I do feel extremely bad about that coz I think it's plain rude and discourteous to be sleeping in class. And it shows no form of respect whatsoever to the lecturer.

But the eyelids were very heavy, and when Supra had to take a call halfway, they just gave way and I slept for approx 10minutes. Power nap. I wasn't paying much attention throughout the rest of the lect coz I was busy trying to keep awake more than anything else. So I doodled, and scribbed some random thoughts off my head.

I'd gone to bed at 4ish the night before.
Because I was up doing work/ surfing the web/ looking at pretty things AND:
Because I was listening (reading) to a live commentary of a fashion show.

LOL!

It's visualising and getting excited coz it feels as if you'd been the one back from a massive shopping spree yourself hehe. Super cute! Shopping is such love! [Ah. Ok. Makes mental note to self to have to curb bad habit!]

I remember feeling really crummy once back in Dunnerz, and had told my Mom I needed some retail therapy. All she said was "Rubbish. There's no such thing as retail therapy." Boo.

Gonna crash soon or I might fall asleep in Supra's again tomorrow. Don't want that to happen.

-

Always loved this coz it's just so true. Really we should just go for it sometimes aye. To let loose, let love, let God.

The Dilemma
To laugh is to risk appearing a fool.
To weep is to risk appearing sentimental.
To reach out for another is to risk involvement.
To expose feelings is to risk rejection.
To place your dreams before the crowd is to risk ridicule.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.
To go forward in the face of overwhelming odds is to risk failure.
But risks must be taken because the greatest hazzard in life is to risk nothing.
The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing.
He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he cannot learn, feel, change, grow, or love.
Chained by his certitudes, he is a slave.
He has forfeited his freedom.
Only a person who takes risks is free.

Isn't it true sometimes it's better not to expect too much, or expect anything at all, because when you do, you're only allowing yourself to be more prone to a bigger disappointment at the end.

Then isn't expecting something a risk in itself? Risk of disappointment, and all the other feelings that come along with it. Of being vulnerable and exposing yourself to the possibility of being hurt again.

I don't know aye.

To expose feelings is to risk rejection.
To love is to risk not being loved in return.

But only a person who takes risks is free.


Hrm.

-

Off to bed.
Lyds and Nat leave tomorrow.

It's strange I keep thinking how I was deliriously happy as the pathetic fireworks display was put on, but for a different reason altogether. No, it can't be?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home