for all You've done

Thursday, July 27, 2006

sleep woes

I think I'm suffering from insomnia. 3.30am and I could still be tossing and turning around in bed. Anyways I got up way early this morning, with hardly any sleep. I think there's something wrong with me. I even get restless halfway through lunch.

Had my power nap on the bus on the way to school this avo, and was awoken 5 seconds before my stop! I had one of those sudden jolts. Like you think you're gonna fall off your bed but you're actually right smack in the middle of it. Yeah, except it was on a seat on the bus.

Supra left us copying notes off the whiteboard whilst he rubbed out the first two columns to add more. Suddenly he went "OH MY GOSH", stunned and incapable of speech momentarily.

He had used a permanent marker. LOL.

And because the entire board was filled with Parliamentary Sovereignty stuffs, none of which could be rubbed out, we had to proceed to another room for lecture. Funny. Thought it was a good time to drag our feet and waste some time. But noooo, Supra went over time again today as per every Public lect. Couldn't even join Mel and Yan after.

-

So I was in town on my way to run some errands for my Mom, then my Dad. Engrossed in replying a text as I was walking along, I didn't actually hear these two guys asking for my help. So they wanted to see more of Singapore instead of "being stuck on one road" (Orchard Road of course ;)) and wanted to know how to get to Little India.

Took them to the Somerset train station, taught them which trains to get on/off, which train stations to transit at, where Little India/Chinatown/Sentosa etc were, how to get a single-fare ticket, how to use it, and how to get the deposit back.

In that short half-an-hour or so, we definitely had a good chat :) They were from Texas and New York, and will be visiting many more countries. Don't know what they were up to tho, they seemt sneaky about it with that wink haha.

I love playing tour-guide and giving directions to tourists as best as I'm able to! Coz it's so frustrating to have to go to somewhere foreign and not know your way around, what more ask a local who can't give you helpful directions.

-

I don't know why I just told all that to, well, anyone at all! Now I'm sure he's gonna shame me to death. An hour's entertainment. Rarr ok not that I really care. I'm not even sure of it myself.
I don't WANT to. I think.

-

Oh and my little tutee's Mom sent me a text message in MANDARIN today.
Wow ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home