for all You've done

Thursday, August 10, 2006

non-patriotic national day celebrations

Ok yeah I was gonna head to bed sometime ago but the tummy's feeling uncomfy like all the oil's floating about in it. Urgh gross.

Suspect it's the noodles from dinner that looked suspiciously oilier and wetter than usual. But then Yi comes along and complains of an upset tummy so maybe it was the mountain of kaya-BUTTER toasts/sammiches we had this avo. Which equates to oil swimming in my stomach too.

The amount of butter!!!!!! Every tiny inch of toast had a thick SLICE of butter wedged in between. And because Yi and I realized we'd got the wrong stuffs (we'd wanted something else but got the toast instead), we got another order of the sammiches. So effectively we had a LOT of bread/butter/kaya for branch/afternoon tea and pre-dinner. Yelch.

Feeling so nauseated.

Haha it's really funny chatting to my fellow tummyacher who's suffering just as much, if not more, than I am. Umm, won't go into details, kinda explicit and gross. I just made myself a cup of tea. There's no way I'm gonna fall asleep in this state. Garh.

So today! We were supposed to meet at half past 11 but obviously the previous night's events left the both of us dead in bed longing for more sleep, which was what happened. Finally met at almost 1 and embarked on our mission in search of The White Tube. But weeeeeeell, maybe the most fruitful bit was that of fitting into Cheryl's heels (thus no need for a more tedious task of looking for a decent pair of black heels) and probably bargaining with the aunty for Yi's top.

MOST DEFINITELY NOT our kaya toast adventures. Which, of course is why I'm and blogging now. Urgh ...

Then of course when we initially planned to meet at 3, we really mean meeting at past 5, right??? :p Things only started moving when we had everyone at the function room at I don't know, quarter past 5 or the likes. Played a superb game of improvised Boggle which was fun, fun, fun, and was forced to converse in Mandarin. HAHHHHHHHHH please!

Also played (possibly my most exciting game of) Monopoly! It came to a point where it's safer just to be in jail and STAY there for a good three rounds, and being able to get past "GO" and collect $200 (without Liang or Joey sucking your cash and property dry) was such a blessing. And definitely a mean feat. Landing on Joey's property (with a frigging HOTEL planted there) set me back by $2k (was it?) which I obviously was too poor to pay for. But since I was the first (yeah I can't believe it either ...) to set foot on the wretched (haha!) property, of course a grand opening welcome discount should be given right? Paid all of my $500 and $100 bills and gave up my Railway property AND both my utilities :( -still not enough by the way, but it was discounted you see haha ..

Aye anyhow it was super fun and exciting and it all ended when everyone wanted dinner (and whilst I was in the midst of thinking of how I should pay Liang for landing on his property with a stupid hotel erected there. Over $1k!). So we declared Joey the winner. Hah ...

... And went for dinner at Thai Express (read: oily glass noodles!).

Ok the tea's doing its job, and so have the meds. I'm off to bed now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home